No Move, No Legal Fee
If your move does not take place, whatever the reason, you will not pay for the legal work we have carried out for you.
This is our pledge to our customers. (you will still be responsible for any third party payments made).
Purchase Search Pledge
Unlike other lawyers, our ‘No Move, No Legal Fee’ pledge covers the most important searches required on a purchase, which means that you’re covered if your purchase falls through. You won’t have to pay again for the same searches on your replacement property purchase.
In the event that your purchase falls through before exchange of contracts for a qualifying reason*, we guarantee to refund the cost of a further set of searches on your subsequent purchase after completion**
We’ve also made the overall process of searches much quicker, as we carry them out electronically.
You will enjoy the following:
- Faster turnaround – less than seven days in over 80% of cases
- Free Search Delay insurance – if you are ready to exchange contracts and only the search results are outstanding
- Additional search information covering environmental issues, flooding planning applications and other potential changes within the local area that would not be revealed in a standard local authority search result
The searches included in our Purchase Search Pledge include:
- Local authority search compiled by a personal search agent
- Drainage and water
- Environmental and flooding
- Planning applications and other potential changes within the surrounding area, that are not covered by above searches
- If other searches, specific to certain localities (eg: an area of past or present coal mining) are required, these are not covered by Purchase Search Pledge.
We understand that your time is precious. Which is why we will allocate you with your own personal lawyer. Having one point of contact throughout the process will save you both time and money, which in turn will speed up negotiations, exchange of contracts and money transfer on completion date.
You will also be given access to our secure online portal allowing you to check progress, manage every aspect of your transaction and view useful video guides and online support 24/7. This will provide you with peace of mind at all times.
Fixed Transparent Pricing
We offer fixed transparent pricing for all of our conveyancing services, allowing you to budget with confidence.
Manage Every Aspect Of Your Case Securely Online
We are rolling out a secure online service, so you can control your Conveyancing from a smartphone, tablet or computer at any time of day or night.
You and your estate agent will both have direct telephone and email access to your allocated property lawyer, whilst your property lawyer will contact other lawyers involved electronically in order to speed up the process.
You won’t have to waste time travelling to visit us or attend meetings – we will keep you fully informed at all times by telephone, email and via your online portal.
In the event that your purchase falls through before exchange of contracts you will qualify for a refund if one of the following apply:
- You have an adverse mortgage valuation of more than 5% of the purchase price
- Your seller has withdrawn from the sale (unless there has been unreasonable conduct or delay on your part which resulted in the seller withdrawing)
- Your seller has accepted an offer on the property from another interested party
- To be eligible for the Purchase Search Pledge Refund your subsequent purchase must take place within six months and the legal work, including the order of the Purchase Search Pledge searches, must be carried out by Curchods Home Conveyancing.
- The refund covers a further set of searches for your subsequent purchase as defined above and therefore the refund will be based on the set ordered for that subsequent property up to a maximum of £295 including VAT.
**How to apply for the Refund:
To obtain your refund, please write to Curchods Home Conveyancing (CHC), Cumbria House, 16-20 Hockliffe Street, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 1GN and include the following documentation:
- Financial statement (as supplied by your property lawyer) confirming the additional search costs incurred on your subsequent purchase
- Copy of the letter from your property lawyer confirming completion
- Your new address
- You will receive a cheque for your refund within 28 days.