Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,100,000
Originally dating back to circa 1600s, this grade II listed quintessential English cottage occupies an extremely desirable position, nestled within the heart of Hambledon village in the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and enjoys a 0.35 acre garden with far reaching countryside views, in addition to a private driveway and double garage.
- Grade II listed detached property bursting with period features throughout
- Located in Hambledon village * Highly sought after area where property rarely comes available
- Two principal reception rooms on the ground floor * Exposed timber beams throughout * Impressive inglenook fireplace and log burning stove in the dining room * Open fireplace in the dual aspect sitting room
- A delightful cottage style kitchen including a recently installed La Canche range cooker with space for a dining table * Further potential to be extended
- Three double bedrooms on the first floor * Two of which enjoy vaulted ceilings with exposed timber beams * Dual aspect master bedroom * Family bathroom
- Stylish and contemporary shower room on the ground floor
- 0.35 acres of beautiful mature gardens enjoying a fantastic far reaching view * Recently installed timber greenhouse * External outbuilding serving as a home office and utility, with central heating
- A gravelled driveway provides off-street parking for multiple cars * Detached double garage with electric garage doors and spacious loft area (including window) above
Hambledon is a sought after south west Surrey village surrounded by superb countryside for walking, (The Green Sand Way runs close by to the village) riding and cycling. There is a village inn as well as a delightful village shop with Post Office which overlooks the green with its pavilion on which cricket is played in the summer. There are a number of shops covering day to day needs in Milford village (approx 3 miles from the village centre) including the renowned farm shop, chemist, Tesco Express and fresh fish shop, whilst Godalming's picturesque and historic town centre with its restaurants, individual shops and superstores is approx 4 miles away. Guildford with its multitude of shops, theatres, cinemas and restaurants is a further 4 miles. There are connections from Witley station (approx 1 mile from the village centre) to Milford, Godalming, Guildford and Waterloo (approx 55 minutes journey time). There is an excellent selection of schools in the area that cater for most ages and denominations both in the public and private sectors. There are golf courses in the nearby villages of Milford and Chiddingfold while the south coast beaches are around 25 miles away..