See below for information on how to modify the settings in your browser to notify you when you receive a new cookie and disable cookies altogether.
What is a cookie?
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit and provide you with a personalised service.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Cookies set by Curchods
|Cookie name||Cookie purpose|
|seenMessage||This cookie indicates if you have seen the cookie disclaimer message at the top of the page.|
|last_search||This cookie is used to store the criteria entered in your last property search. We use this data to provide you with a personalised set of suggestions for property and on site advertisments.|
|display_currency||This cookie is used to to store your preference for the display of property currencies.|
|map_search_areas||This cookie is used to power the 'Draw your Search' function of the website. It stores the co-ordinates of the points defining your drawn search areas. Without this cookie the site will be unable to suggest properties within these areas.|
|recently_viewed_property||This cookie keeps track of the properties you view on the Curchods website.|
|search_layout||This cookie keeps track of your preference for layout of search results (Grid, List, Fullscreen or map)|
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. Below is some information below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
1. Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options.
2. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button.
3. Select 'Allow local data to be set'.
Find out more about other versions of Chrome
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Choose the menu "Tools" then "Internet Options."
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Select the appropriate setting.
Find out more about other versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Choose the menu "Tools" then "Options."
2. Click on the icon "Privacy".
3. Find the menu "Cookie" and select the relevant options.
Find out more about other versions of Mozilla Firefox
1. Choose the "Safari" menu then "Preferencesâ€¦".
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Select the appropriate setting then close the Preferences panel to save the setting.
Find out more about Apple Safari
1. Click the Opera menu and choose "Settings" then "Preferences".
2. Click the 'Advanced' tab then choose 'Cookies'.
3. Select the appropriate settings.
Find out more about other versions of Opera